Bank (Relief) Support Worker
Salary: £8.75 per hour
Flexible hours/Evenings and weekends desirable
Camphill Milton Keynes Communities is a charity providing unique person centered support, based on a modern view of the Camphill movement, for about 50 adults with learning disabilities and autistic spectrum disorder, as well as day care opportunities, including horticulture, a bakery, café, weavery, a theater, a shop, tools refurbishing, food processing and other therapeutic activities.
We currently have opportunities for Bank Support Workers to join us on a casual basis alongside our caring and dedicated team of support staff and volunteers. Our team of Bank Support Staff will provide cover for planned and unplanned staff absences as well as bringing specific skills or experiences that we may require for short periods of time. Our values promote the view that everyone here is appreciated for who they are and the special qualities they bring to the community life.
You must be flexible in your availability to work as the role will involve covering a variety of shifts including day, evening, weekends and holiday cover. Regular or set hours cannot be guaranteed as work will be on an ad hoc basis. We may require cover for a day, a weekend or a number of weeks depending on the needs of our community equally you are not committed to accepting regular work however once booked we would share a commitment to the hours agreed.
All of our support workers play a key role in enabling service users to try to achieve their goals and aspirations through person centered support plans and their ongoing development.
This role entails, among other responsibilities, supporting people with:
- General welfare, housing related tasks and pursuing their social and educational activities.
- Working as part of a team and independently with services users in their own home.
- Managing their personal care, emotional and health needs.
- Lifelong learning opportunities through work-based learning in our varied workshops.
- Maintaining and developing a “cultural life” appropriate for the individual.
- Accessing activities in the wider community.
- Developing independent living skills and learning new skills.
- Making and maintaining relationships with families and friends.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Level 2 or equivalent in Health & Social Care, or life experience and transferable skills, as additional training may be available.
- Some experience of working with people with learning disabilities.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- A caring and supportive disposition.
- A valid driving license as you may also be required to drive for the Community from time to time.
- Willingness to work in accordance with our Vision and Mission Statement.
Download Job Description Bank Support Worker
Download Person Spec Bank Support Worker
To submit your application or for further information, please email at ku.oc1548066883.kmll1548066883ihpma1548066883c@tne1548066883mtiur1548066883cer1548066883
Phone number: 01908 235000
We are an equal opportunities employer. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and eligibility to work in the UK.
Our mission is to create a living and working community where people with learning disabilities and those who support them may reach their full potential in the spirit of lifelong
Registered Charity 283556