Café Support Worker
Salary: £8.75 per hour
- 5 per week post; Monday to Friday 9am -4pm
- 12 per week post; Monday 10am -4.30pm & Friday 10am -4.30 pm
Camphill Milton Keynes Communities is a charity providing supported accommodation, care and workshops for adults with learning disabilities and autistic spectrum disorders. Our Vegetarian Café, which is one of our thriving workshops that is open to the public from Monday to Friday, is seeking a Café Support Worker, who understands seasonal foods and can help with developing tasty dishes making the best of Camphill produce.
You would need to have an eye for detail and a passion for cooking vegetarian food with fresh ingredients, and be able to deliver consistently high standards of food preparation and service, cleaning and training. You will be working alongside our residents, volunteers and staff helping to maintain and promote our team ethos.
We support our service users in all aspects of their daily lives, and believe that each person should be valued for their contribution to the community. Our workshops play a key role in enabling people to achieve their goals and aspirations through lifelong learning, person centred support planning and their on-going development.
Find out more about our Cafe Workshop here.
The role entails, among other responsibilities:
- Working as a general catering assistant sympathetic to the training needs of residents and volunteers, ensuring they abide by the legal requirements and responsibilities as food handlers.
- Working alongside the team to perform duties with other staff members and co-workers to ensure all aspects of café work are carried out to a high standard. This includes food preparation, cooking, customer service and cleaning duties.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the building by carrying out cleaning tasks.
- Working within the legal requirements met by the Food Standards Agency for catering supervisors.
- Working in accordance with our Vision and Mission Statement.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience in the catering industry (desirable)
- Food safety level 2 training (desirable)
- Some experience of working with people with learning disabilities (desirable)
- Effective communication and listening skills appropriate to the public, our volunteers and staff and, significantly, our residents.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- High standard of personal hygiene.
In return we offer:
- A diverse and high quality working environment.
- The opportunity to work among a team of dedicated and supportive colleagues.
- Full induction training.
- Further professional development, including the opportunity to gain a nationally accredited vocational qualification.
- A healthy life/work balance.
- Work pension scheme.
- Enhanced DBS check.
Supporting Documents (Download Application Pack):
Closing date: 19th September 2018
To submit your application or for further information, please email ku.oc1560864683.kmll1560864683ihpma1560864683c@tne1560864683mtiur1560864683cer1560864683
Phone number: 01908 235000
We are an equal opportunities employer. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and eligibility to work in the UK.
Our mission is to create a living and working community where people with learning disabilities and those who support them may reach their full potential in the spirit of lifelong learning
Registered Charity 283556