Care and Support Services Registered Manager
Full time: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) with on-call duties on an agreed rota basis
Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum depending on experience and qualification level
Camphill Milton Keynes Communities is a charity providing unique person centered support, based on a modern view of the Camphill movement, for adults with learning disabilities and autistic spectrum conditions, as well as a number of people living in the Milton Keynes area who have a learning disability. We have ambitious plans to develop our provisions further and be a high quality and innovative provider.
We are currently seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced Care & Support Registered Manager with experience of working in a management role in a care/supported living setting ideally for adults with learning disabilities of a similar size (60+ residents) or a professional with a relevant qualification and experience in nursing, occupational therapy or social work.
As a member of the Strategic Management Team you will lead the Care & Support group in providing a high quality sustainable service to residents with learning disabilities, be responsible for ensuring contract and legislative compliance whilst maintaining the charity’s values & principles.
You will be required to complete successful registration with the Care Quality Commission as Registered Manager for the setting.
The role entails, amongst other responsibilities:
- Leading collaboratively a team of skilled and motivated employee and volunteer staff in the provision of support to our growing group of residents.
- Change management, in a consultative and inclusive manner to ensure organisational values are maintained.
- Working with residents and staff to continuously improve the system of support planning, risk management and person centered support, ensuring that records are updated in a timely way.
- Working as part of the safeguarding team to ensure that there are effective and robust systems in place to address safeguarding issues.
- Working in conjunction with the CEO to ensure that care is delivered in line with current legislation, well managed and resourced.
- Helping to develop new services and suggesting new or more effective ways of delivering current services.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care (Adults) (QCF)/NVQ 4/RMA or a relevant professional qualification in nursing, occupational therapy or social work or equivalent qualification.
- Direct experience of working in a management role in a care setting of a similar size (60+ residents) or experience and success in a similar leadership role is equally relevant.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation including the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 (Part 3), Care Quality Commission standards and regulations, relevant best practice and guidance.
- A creative, consultative and forward thinking leadership style that inspires confidence and affords team members the opportunity to grow and develop.
- An understanding of and interest in the Camphill Movement and its values and principles in a contemporary social care setting.
- DBS Enhanced clearance.
- Full UK drivers license.
In return we offer:
- A diverse and high quality working environment.
- The opportunity to work among a team of dedicated and supportive colleagues.
- Excellent professional and career development and training opportunities.
- A healthy life/work balance.
- Work pension scheme.
- Paid DBS application.
- Free parking.
For an application pack or further information, please call 0190823500 or visit the “Work with us” section of our website at www.camphillmk.co.uk
To submit your application, please email: ku.oc1550529313.kmll1550529313ihpma1550529313c@tne1550529313mtiur1550529313cer1550529313
Closing Date: 31st July 2018, 9 am.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and eligibility to work in the UK.
Our mission is to create a living and working community where people with learning disabilities may reach their full potential in the spirit of lifelong learning
Registered Charity 283556