CARE AND SUPPORT SERVICES MANAGER
Full time: 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience and qualification level
Camphill Milton Keynes Communities is a charity providing unique person centered support, based on a modern view of the Camphill movement, for adults with learning disabilities and autistic spectrum conditions, as well as a number of people living in the Milton Keynes area who have a learning disability.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced or aspiring Care & Support Services Manager (Registered Manager) with experience of working in a management role in a care/supported living setting ideally for adults with learning disabilities. You will have proven knowledge of applicable legislation and best practice alongside a commitment to ensuring our residents are supported to participate fully in their community and make decisions about their own life.
You will be part of the Strategic Management Team and you will be required to lead and motivate your team of staff to ensure that the highest possible standards of care and support are provided for the residents in line with our values and principles of care. You will also ensure the Charity continues to be compliant with CQC (currently rated good) and continuously seek to improve standards. You will take a proactive, self-directed and organised approach to managing diverse services, with the ability to plan and meet deadlines and anticipate challenges.
After completion of probationary period, you will be required to complete successful registration with the Care Quality Commission as Registered Manager.
The role entails, among other responsibilities:
- Leading a team of skilled and motivated employee and volunteer staff in the provision of support to our growing group of residents.
- Participating as a productive member of the management team in the maintenance and development of support options for our residents.
- Working with residents and staff to continuously improve the system of support planning, risk management and person centred support, ensuring that records are updated in a timely way.
- Working as part of the safeguarding team to ensure that there are effective and robust systems in place to address safeguarding issues.
- Working in conjunction with the CEO to ensure that care is delivered in line with current legislation, well managed and resourced.
- Ensuring that resident’s housing related issues are resolved speedily and appropriately
- Liaising with staff, residents, families and friends to ensure that everybody is properly informed, consulted and involved in relation to housing and support matters.
- Helping to develop new services and suggesting new or more effective ways of delivering current services.
The ideal candidate would have:
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care (Adults) (QCF)/NVQ 4/RMA or equivalent qualification.
Direct experience of working in a management role in a care/supported living setting.
Knowledge of applicable legislation including the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 (Part 3), Care Quality Commission standards and regulations, relevant best practice and guidance.
An understanding of and interest in the Camphill Movement and its values and principles in a contemporary social care setting.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to use of technology.
DBS Enhanced clearance.
Full drivers license.
A creative and forward thinking leadership style that inspires confidence and affords team members the opportunity to grow and develop.
In return we offer:
- A diverse and high quality working environment
- The opportunity to work amongst a team of dedicated and supportive colleagues
- Ongoing professional and personal development opportunities
- Work pension scheme
For an application pack or further information, please email ku.oc1550532524.kmll1550532524ihpma1550532524c@tne1550532524mtiur1550532524cer1550532524
Phone number: 01908 235000
Closing Date: 9th May 2017
We are an equal opportunities employer. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and eligibility to work in the UK.
Our mission is to create a living and working community where people with learning disabilities may reach their full potential in the spirit of lifelong learning
Registered Charity 283556