Facilities Maintenance Manager
Salary: up to £32,800 per annum (depending on experience and qualification level)
Full time: 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a positive difference to the quality and safety of the environment of our Charity and its beneficiaries.
Camphill Milton Keynes Communities is a charitable organisation with properties in two sites in Milton Keynes. The organisation’s key focus is to provide supported accommodation, care and day activities for adults with learning disabilities through teams of staff and volunteers.
We are currently seeking to recruit an in-house Facilities Maintenance Manager with experience of managing a full range of Maintenance Facilities Services, ideally in a third sector. You will be part of the Strategic Management Team and share in the development of strategic plans and the community’s facilities.
Working as a Facilities Maintenance Manager, you will work closely with a number of service contractors, managing the relationship to develop schedules in line with the maintenance. You will carry out regular health and safety site inspections and monitor contractor’s work, whilst organising any reactive works as needed – including any maintenance and improvement schemes.
You will take a practical and hands-on, self-directed and organised approach to ensure the effective functioning of the facilities and to provide an efficient and safe working environment for staff and residents and their activities.
The role entails, among other responsibilities:
- Act as the primary contact for personnel and tenants for any building maintenance issues and carry out minor repairs where appropriate.
- Arrange and supervise outside contractors and other professionals to carry out repair work when necessary.
- Oversee facility refurbishment and renovations.
- Manage health and safety issues, including fire safety and security systems via appropriate contractors.
- Arrange mandatory inspections and testing as required.
- Ensure the charities buildings meet health and safety standards.
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks can be reduced.
- Maintain records of repairs and health and safety checks on the company electronic systems.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Previous experience as a Facilities Manager or related Maintenance Management role.
- Proven ability to carry out a range of general maintenance tasks.
- A working knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- Effective communication and liaison skills and capacity to communicate with our tenants who may have learning disabilities and other communication needs.
- Problem-solving skills and a step by step – planned approach to work.
- Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools.
- Good IT skills and ability to create and maintain accurate written and electronic records.
- Qualification in Facilities Management or Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) or NEBOSH (desirable).
- Full, clean driving license
In return we offer:
- A diverse and high quality working environment.
- The opportunity to work amongst a team of dedicated and supportive colleagues.
- Ongoing professional and personal development opportunities.
- A healthy life/work balance.
- Work pension scheme.
- Enhanced DBS check.
To submit your application or for further information, please email at ku.oc1560783060.kmll1560783060ihpma1560783060c@tne1560783060mtiur1560783060cer1560783060
Phone number: 01908 235000
Closing Date: 11th April 2018.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and eligibility to work in the UK.
Our mission is to create a living and working community where people with learning disabilities may reach their full potential in the spirit of lifelong learning
Registered Charity 283556