Support Worker (Full Time)
Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: Up to £ 8.40 per hour depending on experience and qualification level
Camphill Milton Keynes Communities is a charity providing unique person centred support, based on a modern view of the Camphill movement, for adults with learning disabilities and autistic spectrum disorders, as well as a number of people living in the Milton Keynes area who have a learning disability.
We are seeking a Support Worker with experience of promoting independent living and person centred planning, ideally with an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Social Care; most important is a caring attitude and a genuine interest in people.
We support our service users in all aspects of their daily lives, and believe that each person should be valued for their contribution to the community. Support workers play a key role in enabling people to try to achieve their goals and aspirations through person centred support plans and their ongoing development.
The role entails, amongst other responsibilities, supporting service users with:
– General welfare, housing related tasks and pursuing their social and educational activities.
– Supporting service users as part of a team and individually in their own home.
– Managing their personal care, emotional and health needs.
– Meal preparation and cooking.
– Lifelong learning opportunities through work-based learning in our varied workshops.
– Maintaining and developing a “cultural and social life” appropriate for the individual
– Accessing activities in the wider community.
– Developing independent living skills and learning new skills.
– Making and maintaining relationships with families and friends.
It is important that you can demonstrate a flexible approach to work as you will be required to cover a weekly rota, which includes evenings, weekends, sleep-ins and bank holidays. In return we offer an amazingly diverse and high quality working environment, great training and the opportunity to work amongst a team of dedicated and supportive colleagues.
The ideal candidate would have:
– Level 2 or equivalent in Health & Social Care, or life experience and transferable skills, as additional training would be available.
– Some experience of working with people with learning disabilities.
– Good organisational and time management skills.
– A caring and supportive disposition.
– A valid driving licence as part of the role requires visiting people in their own homes outside of the community.
– Willing to work in accordance with our Vision and Mission Statement.
For an application pack or further information, please email ku.oc1560783056.kmll1560783056ihpma1560783056c@tne1560783056mtiur1560783056cer1560783056
Closing Date: 7th February2017
We are an equal opportunities employer. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and eligibility to work in the UK.
Our mission is to create a living and working community where people with learning disabilities may reach their full potential in the spirit of lifelong learning
Registered Charity 283556