Salary Scale: £ 9-10 per hour dependant on experience
Minimum Hours: 08:30 – 14:30 Monday to Friday
Camphill Milton Keynes Communities is a charity providing supported accommodation, care and workshops for adults with learning disabilities. Our Vegetarian Café, which is one of our thriving workshops that is open to the public from Monday to Friday, is seeking an experienced, creative vegetarian cook, who understands seasonal foods and can develop tasty dishes making the best of Camphill produce.
Our community – a modern Camphill community – is based in Milton Keynes, offering life sharing and learning opportunities for all individuals, where everyone is appreciated for who they are and the special qualities they bring to the community life. We provide person centred and holistic support for people with a wide range of abilities in our day care opportunities, including horticulture, a bakery, café, weavery, a theatre, a shop, tools refurbishing, food processing and other therapeutic activities.
You would need to have an eye for detail and a passion for cooking vegetarian food with fresh ingredients, and be able to deliver consistently high standards of food preparation and service, cleaning and training. You will be working alongside our residents, volunteers and staff helping to maintain and promote our team ethos.
The role entails, amongst other responsibilities:
- Menu planning and stock control
- Supporting the welfare and day activities of the residents in the cafe, in line with CQC guidelines, health and food safety legislation;
- Training, supervision and welfare of all residents and volunteers who work in the café with particular focus on the kitchen activities;
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation is kept up to date; control, monitor and verify food safety systems in line with SFBB, HACCP, COSHH and accident forms ;
- Work in accordance with our Vision and Mission Statement.
The ideal candidate would have:
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent experience in catering;
- Some experience of working with people with learning disabilities;
- Effective communication and listening skills appropriate to the public, our volunteers and staff and, significantly, our residents.
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Experience of record keeping.
For an application pack, please email your CV to *protected email* ku.oc1586220077.kmll1586220077ihpma1586220077c@tne1586220077mtiur1586220077cer1586220077
Phone number: 01908 235000
Closing Date: 25th October 2016
We are an equal opportunities employer. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and eligibility to work in the UK.
Our mission is to create a living and working community where people with learning disabilities may reach their full potential in the spirit of lifelong learning.
Charity No: 283556