We are hiring Bank Support Workers
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Camphill Milton Keynes Communities is a charity providing unique person centred support, based on a modern view of the Camphill movement, for about 60 adults with learning disabilities and autistic spectrum disorder, as well as day care opportunities, including horticulture, a bakery, café, weavery, a theatre, a shop, tools refurbishing and other therapeutic activities.
About the role:
We currently have opportunities for Bank Support Workers to join us on a casual basis alongside our caring and dedicated team of support staff and volunteers. Our team of Bank Support Staff will provide cover for planned and unplanned staff absences as well as bringing specific skills or experiences that we may require for short periods of time. Our values promote the view that everyone here is appreciated for who they are and the special qualities they bring to the community life.
You must be flexible in your availability to work as the role will involve covering a variety of shifts including day, evening, weekends and holiday cover. Regular or set hours cannot be guaranteed as work will be on an ad hoc basis. We may require cover for a day, a weekend or a number of weeks depending on the needs of our community equally you are not committed to accepting regular work however once booked we would share a commitment to the hours agreed.
All of our support workers play a key role in enabling service users to try to achieve their goals and aspirations through person centred support plans and their ongoing development. This role entails, amongst other responsibilities, supporting people with:
- General welfare, housing related tasks and pursuing their social and educational activities.
- Working as part of a team and independently with services users in their own home.
- Managing their personal care, emotional and health needs.
- Lifelong learning opportunities through work-based learning in our varied workshops.
- Maintaining and developing a “cultural life” appropriate for the individual.
- Accessing activities in the wider community.
- Developing independent living skills and learning new skills.
- Making and maintaining relationships with families and friends.
You don’t need any qualifications as a full induction plus professional training will be provided.
The most important thing is a caring attitude, life experience and transferable skills, genuine interest in people and willingness to work in accordance with our Mission and Vision Statement.
Why join us?
- We are keen on staff development! We offer excellent professional and career development and training opportunities.
- We promote a diverse, friendly and high-quality working environment with flexible shift patterns.
- We offer the opportunity to work amongst a team of dedicated, creative and supportive colleagues.
Do you want to be part of a unique Community where people live, work, learn and celebrate life together?
If yes, then please apply by submitting your CV and a short supporting statement:
“What is it about working with us in this position that interests you and what skills, experience and values can you bring”?
To submit your CV & Supporting Statement, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download: Bank Support Worker Job Description
Download: Bank Support Worker Person Specification
Download Application Form
Click here to find out more about us and our Mission & Vision.
*If you would prefer to complete an application form, you can either download one from the attachments, email email@example.com or phone us on 01908 235 000 and we will send an application form to you.
Please Note: we review applications frequently and interviews will take place shortly after we shortlist them. If we feel we have received a sufficient number of applications, we reserve the right to close the advert early. Don’t hesitate and apply as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and eligibility to work in the UK.
Registered Charity 283556